“English for Journalists” Training course
When: November 19, 2018 – April 2019
Where: Elieff Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Who: Journalists and 3rd and 4th year Journalism students who want to improve their English abilities from intermediate to upper-intermediate and above, while also developing their professional skills.
About the program
The program consists of 15 weekday and weekend sessions. The first 5 weeks are dedicated exclusively to English language training. The following 10 weeks will be a mix of English language trainings, as well as weekend seminars on Journalism topics. The program participants will be split in groups for their language training but will attend the Journalism specific seminars altogether.
- Current employment with a media company or enrollment in 3rd or 4th year in Journalism major at a university;
- Proven professional track in the field of journalism;
- Upper-Intermediate Level of English (CEFR B1/B2). Applicants with completed intermediate level, with high final grades will be considered;
- Strong commitment to a 15-week long program in terms of class attendance, preparation and participation.
- A brief motivation letter in English on how the participation in the program will help the development of free journalism in Bulgaria;
- English Certificate Level Completion (applicants without a certificate but with proven working level English proficiency are encouraged to apply).
Application deadline: November 2, 2018
If you have any questions, please visit: https://www.aubg.edu/english-for-journalists.