Started in 2010, the European Initiative for Media Pluralism (EIMP) today brings together nearly two hundred organisations, media groups, independent journalists and professional bodies from throughout Europe, which together have launched a European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) demanding the implementation of an EU Directive on media pluralism to protect pluralism and press freedom impartially and effectively in all the Member States of the European Union.
We are currently looking for highly motivated campaigners to provide the high-level support to some of our Local Committees and their Representatives / Coordinators in the following countries:
- Bulgaria (Sofia)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- Italy (Rome)
- Romania (Bucharest)
The Campaign Assistant selected for each country will take a leading role in shaping and delivering EIMP’s events and public actions, and maintaining daily relationships with the EU Secretariat.
HE/HER will work in close co-operation with his/her Country Coordinator, in particular to support communications and advocacy, but will also have substantial day-to-day independence, requiring initiative and organisation.
Working for the European Initiative for Media Pluralism is also a great opportunity to:
- Build on existing work / study experience by undertaking a new role with an international dimension;
- Gain further experience within a unique mentored environment;
- Make a difference and help promote effectively people’s active citizenship and awareness of the need for transparency, freedom and diversity in Europe’s media landscape.
The role will include the following tasks:
– Organising events to disseminate EIMP Campaign information at the national level;
– Keeping in regular contact with national civil society organisations and media partners;
– Translating and editing (Target country language – English to/from) articles and other texts (legal and otherwise);
– Providing support in organising local volunteers to collect signatures at key events.
– Managing the online and offline distribution of campaign materials, e.g. by creating and updating resource pages on EIMP main website;
– Supporting the Campaign Network’s digital outreach, including updating information on the EIMP main website and campaign microsites as requested, and contributing social media updates (Target country language – English to/from).
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience and / or interest in communications and media / European affairs;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the European Initiative for Media Pluralism;
- Capacity to linguistically and culturally adapt texts (legal and otherwise), and to target them towards either a specific public, or a wider, more general public;
- Basic design capacities to produce web-images for viral distribution in the target country (Italy, Romania, Bulgaria or Hungary);
- Proven competency in managing websites and digital communication systems, with the ability to quickly learn how to use unfamiliar software (experience of using WordPress would be an advantage);
- A good understanding of online security protocols is desirable;
- Fluency in English is essential and working knowledge of additional languages desirable.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed Curriculum vitae (Europass Format) and cover letter to describe what motivated the candidate to apply for this position addressing all the points listed the sections “Qualifications” and “Responsibilities”. Then, they should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com (Attn: Ms. Anna Lodeserto, EU Organising Committee)
and (according to your choice / living & working area) to one of the following Local Committee:
- Bulgaria: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hungary: email@example.com
- Italy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Romania: email@example.com
always mentioning “EIMP PT-Campaign Assistant Application” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: February 28th, 2013
Trackback from your site.