Mission and profile
The Media Development Center, Sofia (MDC) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established in 1998 to promote independent media in Bulgaria and to foster capacity-building of the media by encouraging good practice in journalism, stimulating the professional ethics, institutionalizing the dialogue among the state administration, the media and the NGO sector, and to boost the networking and cross-border cooperation in the region of Southeast Europe.
Main areas of activity
1. The Center works on national, regional and international level in the following areas:
2. Education and training for media professionals and journalism students in Bulgaria;
3. Professional training for journalists and media managers from Southeast Europe;
4. Training courses in language skills for media;
5. Support for the development of the free media market;
6. Development and implementing media projects in Bulgaria and abroad;
7. Research, consultancy and information services on media and for the media;
8. Publication of media-related books and training materials;
9. Media promoting events; conferences, round-tables, discussions.